Our Flex program evolves each year, depending on end or year reviews, staffing and student need. Flex can / has / will include some or all of the following elements, depending on need:
• Targeted literacy and numeracy in the mornings, sometimes with TA support
• Life skills – driving, mental health, resumes, financial literacy, employability skills, tax file number, bank accounts, student ID, budgeting
• Personal Fitness – using our ‘C60 Gym’ and supporting our students to access the HPE curriculum and maintain their personal fitness
• Young Mums – in 2019 we catered for 2 young mums who were in Year 10 in 2019. We were able to provide a supportive learning program in conjunction with external agencies and included access to our ‘Child Studies’ electives course
• Extension / Online Learning – up to 15 students can access Online Learning programs in a range of areas that include: Mathematics, Creative Writing, STEM in Space, Tech Time, Digital Photography or a range of languages.
• Students are differentiated for, and assessed against personal SMART goals as determined in their LP
• Students participate in social skills programs, carefully planned to support the social, emotional and personal wellbeing and development of all students.
• Social worker and school psych visit flex regularly and have run programs with students
• Glenorchy Pulse Health have run ongoing health and wellbeing programs, including a Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and anxiety group
• Within the school, a number of students provide support in the Support Room in the afternoons and read with students requiring substantial adjustments. These students have identified a career pathway in disability or aged care services.
• Some students participate in community volunteering or cultural programs through our school chaplain or Karadi Aboriginal Corporation (who run cultural programs for students). These programs are not exclusive to Flex, but demonstrate the range of opportunities our students can engage in
Students accessing these programs will have wrap-around support where their Flex space operates like an interagency hub. Access to school supports and links to external agencies are offered as required – Reconnect, Pulse Health, Centrelink, Housing, Headspace etc.
Goals that have been set in other programs (HoL or Edge) are communicated across all Flex teachers who support students with both their short and long term goals. Meetings and phone calls with parents to discuss Learning Plans, future pathways and successes, occur regularly.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Address286-294 Main Rd
- Program Phone