The Seymour Flexible Learning Centre (SFLC) is one of four campuses of the North East Flexible Learning Network, situated in Seymour Victoria. The focus is on re-engaging Seymour’s vulnerable young people with education and to support them to participate positively with the Seymour and wider communities.
The campus aims to cater for students for whom mainstream schooling does not work. These may include students who have been victim to social, emotional and substance abuse, homelessness, bullying, teen pregnancy, and “early age” involvement with the legal and judicial system. All are expected to participate in education. At our school we participate in learning life skills and activities, as well as subjects that lead to a more formal learning pathway or work.
Young parents will be able to access programs that empower them to strive for aspirational pathways which will enable them to confidently seek and obtain employment and/or attend further education opportunities.
The learning opportunities offered at the Seymour site cater for students who require small class groups, intensive behavioral modification and individualized learning programs. Students will undertake a mixture of campus based classes, online extension students and work experience. Each student will have and IEP and wellbeing plan, both of which are used to inform the student, parents/carers and staff of the best pathways for the students to undertake. The programme aims to strengthen and consolidate foundation skills in literacy and numeracy
As an initiative of the Department of Education and Training and as a Campus of Wodonga Senior Secondary College, the Seymour Flexible Learning Centre School offers individual programs for all students. A personalized learning plan sets individual goals, informs program planning and determines timetables and attendance. A mentoring program and partnerships with local community organizations ensure that our students have access to broader community networks.
The school offers:
- Flexible Learning Programmes
- Individual Academic and Personal Learning Goals
- Mentor support
- Community Engagement
- VCAL (Foundation, Intermediate and Senior)
- VCE (limited subject selection)
- Victorian Curriculum (Years 7-10)
The Seymour Flexible Learning Centre enrols young people in secondary education, for a variety of reasons or circumstances, who have been out of school for extended periods of time, and/or have difficulty engaging in a mainstream setting.
The Seymour Flexible Learning Centre’s approach is based around the individual needs of each student and is built on the establishment of positive working relationships within the context of the local community. Students pursue a programme that aims to strengthen and consolidate foundational skills in Literacy and Numeracy while providing access to meaningful work experience and vocational preparations. We address various gaps in student learning to support the student to return to mainstream secondary education, full-time work or tertiary learning pathways.
The aims of the Seymour Flexible Learning Centre are:
- to establish a positive and rewarding relationship between the school and the young person
- to reconnect the student with learning inside and outside the school by connecting them to their community
- to assist the students to develop a positive self-image, develop self-esteem and self-agency
- to work with the young person to understand possible pathways to future learning and employment
- to create a learning environment that allows students to work with dedicated teachers both at the Centre and remotely using a wide variety of online learning tools
- to understand what issues the young person is dealing with and ensure they have access to the appropriate support.
At the Seymour Flexible Learning Centre we believe in every student having every opportunity and finding success for all.
The history, culture, diversity and value of all Aboriginal people are recognised, acknowledged and respected.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- AddressTallarook Street, Shire of Mitchell
- Program Phone
- Program Email